- +971 2 6596666
Mafraq Hotel & Resort Abu Dhabi social responsibility
Our policies and initiatives
Mafraq Hotel & Resort Abu Dhabi is committed to conducting our business in a manner that prevents injury or illness to our guests, visitors, employees and contractors while also achieving environmental sustainability for our 4-star hotel and protecting the precious natural resources of Abu Dhabi and the UAE.
We believe that:
- No hotel operation will take priority over health and safety.
- All injuries and incidents are preventable.
- No task is so important or urgent that it cannot be done safely.
To achieve this, we will:
- Protect the employees, contractors and interested parties from occupational risks by creating a safe work environment with the goal of preventing personal injury or occupational illness.
- Provide appropriate training to our employees to ensure safe practices are observed by all whilst undertaking their duties.
- Maintain and continuously improve the Environment, Health and Safety Management System (EHSMS) across the organization.
- Provide adequate resources to develop appropriate programs and procedures for the implementation of this policy and prevention of injuries and ill health while reducing the environmental impact of the hotel.
- Identify performance measures, set improvement targets, measure and report performance at all levels.
- Comply with the relevant UAE legislation requirements and other requirements as a minimum.
We recognize and understand the key sustainability issues that face our local and global community. As such, Mafraq Hotel & Resort has set the following goals:
- Reduce our energy consumption.
- Reduce our water consumption.
- Preserve and support the biodiversity of the UAE.
- Reduce our ecological impact due to the use of chemicals or other hazardous substances.
- Promote recycling and limit the amount of waste produced in our operations.